“I can’t get over that guy” barked out from
Next door’s garden in the early night
“And how he went on and on and on
Certainly he’d be no white knight.
Fucked off he did, as fuck off I said”.
Then laughs filled all the air outside
Where too many voices spoke too loud,
Too long, too much, too far, too wide.
The leaving for me was too empty.
Chatter and call and occasion to
Find occasion too tempting for me to rise
To the stair and stare and see through
The temptation of a girl next door.
For all that she might offer to me
Is a lonely walk and darkened path
That would neither bind or set me free.
So the lights went out on both sides
Of the fence and in the dark I waited
For a signal or a sign or an
offer
For which my breath was
baited.
No comments:
Post a Comment